PLACE: PACATUBA, CEARA
- PACATUBA PESK (Fishing Farm and Restaurant): https://www.instagram.com/pacatuba_pesk/
- POUSADA CRISTO REDENTOR: ( As this is a small town with a more traditional way of functioning, you will need to call or send an email!)
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: *(85)99983.7112 // *(85)98963.8394
- RUA CIAO CID, 2034 / CENTRO DE PACATUBA -CEARA
- Great “local small town” experience
- Features some of the old architecture of the region
- Nice place to relax for a day or two
- Natural swiming hole for the locals (Balneario Bica das Andreas)
- Easy to walk around the town and do a small scavenger hunt to find (all within a 6 block radius of one another):
- a) Acude Piripau (Weir Piripau)
- b) Praca da Matriz – Igreja Nossa Senhora da Imaculada Conceicao // Praca da Paixao
- c) Balneario Bica das Andreas
- d) Forum da Pacatuba (Street food at night in the area)
- Still has much of the old style architecture, which is quite interesting and beautiful
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? No. Have your translator app ready!
WHAT I THINK: This is a great option for people who like the “going native” experience of visiting small villages and the roads less travelled by most visitors. It will require a Portuguese speaker to help plan the trip, speak to the people at the Pousada / Bed and Breakfast, and help to generally orient a foreign visitor, as this town does not have a strong internet presence (which is what I loved about it!). It is a great place to spend 1-2 days, to relax and to see another side of Ceara. If you are not an experienced traveller to places where English is not spoken, go with a friend! If you are better at navigating the world, regardless of language, definitely check it out solo.
IS IT WORTH IT? YES! YES! YES!
HOW TO GET THERE: UBER OR TAXI