WHERE: CUMBUCO BEACH (PRAIA DE CUMBUCO)
PROXIMITY TO FORTALEZA: 45 minutes – hour by bus or car
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH: Occassionally, but have your Google Translation app ready!
- BUS : NORTH SHOPPING BUS STOP (Estação North Shopping, 2407 – Parquelândia, Fortaleza – CE, 60355-633) – Take an Uber to Estação North Shopping. From there, catch the CUMBUCO – FORTALEZA # 363 BUS with the company VITORIA.
- CAR RENTALCAR RENTAL
- DRIVING AND TOUR SERVICES
- *** Be sure to talk to people at your hotel, pousada, or hostel for suggestions and instructions as well!
GETTING AROUND IN CUMBUCO :
- UBER, TAXI DUNE BUGGY RENTALS AND TOURS
WHERE TO STAY:
- Booking.com has plenty of listings for CUMBUCO!
- I stayed at a lovely pousada (bed and breakfast) called 3 ABELHAS – https://www.pousada3abelhas.com.br/
POINTS OF INTEREST IN CUMBUCO:
- DOWNTOWN / CENTRO CUMBUCO – Catch an Uber to the city center (about 5 minutes up the road) and walk until you find a bar or restaurant to hang out in. The vibe is a very bohemian / village vibe. There are street food vendors as well for those who want to save a bit of money.
DURO BEACH LOUNGE https://www.durobeach.com/lounge/ – I absolutely LOVED the laid back vibe of this place! There were several different areas for drinking, eating, and lounging about. The music set the mood quite nicely and the view of and access to the beach was quite nice!
KITE SURFING SCHOOLS and CULTURE : Though I am not a kite surfer, It was cool to see the enthusiasts participating in the sport all along the beaches! Anyone interested can start their search with a place called KITE CABANA, and go from there!
WHAT I THINK: I really love visiting CUMBUCO BEACH because it features everything from great pousadas (small bed and breakfast type places) to expensive resorts. The city center/ downtown village is also a great place to go and hang out on weekends. There are tons of restaurants, bars, and lounge areas there. It’s a great place to just go to and walk around until something catches your eye. It is very bohemian and laid back, and the main stretch features plenty of live music and an infectious, carefree energy!
IS IT WORTH IT? YES! YES! AND YES!