NEIGHBORHOOD (BAIRRO): CENTRO
HOURS: ** Tours are typically between 10am – 3pm, but the guides can adjust the times if you contact them.
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/freewalkfortaleza/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/freewalkfortaleza/
- Knowledgeable guides that speak English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- A look into the history of the city that you are unlikely to find anywhere else.
- An excellent rundown of areas to revisit in the City Center.
- A very different view of the city that gets you away from the beaches.
- The tour is full of funny moments and little trivia games and is highly engaging the entire time.
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? YES!
WHAT I THINK: I absolutely LOVED this tour! I thought our guides were excellent and were able to really tailor the tour to meet the interests of myself and my family that were visiting at the time I went on it. I have lived in Fortaleza for almost a decade and was absolutely shocked by some of the information that was included. I also really enjoyed walking around the bustling city center, with all its colors, people, and noises. It was also great to have a chance to taste some traditional Brazilian foods and take note of some places to visit that I would never have known about otherwise.
IS IT WORTH IT? YES! YES! YES!
HOW TO GET THERE: It begins at the Central Market / Mercado Central. Tour guides will be holding yellow umbrellas. Be sure to contact them through Instagram or Facebook to set up your tour!!