NEIGHBORHOOD (BAIRRO): LAGO JACAREY
HOURS: Best times to visit: THURSDAY – SATURDAY 8PM – 2AM
PRICE: Food prices range from R$ 5 – R$ 25
- Gives a taste of life away from the tourist areas
- Full of traditional street dishes difficult to find in touristic areas
- Live music into the night
- Great environment for families, including those with young children
- Features street vendor and a strip of brick and mortar restaurants
- Nice walkway around the lake
- Most places have outdoor seating
- A great chance toget a fullr sense of the city of Fortaleza
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? No. Be sure to have your translation app ready!
WHAT I THINK: This a great place to visit on nights between Thursday and Saturday. It is full of cute little brick and mortar restaurants full of local flair,as well as a wide variety of great and savory street food. The energy is very upbeat and familial, and It’s the kind of area that one just wants to hang out in for a night.
IS IT WORTH IT? YES!
HOW TO GET THERE: I would recommend UBER (aout 25 minutes away from the main tourist district of BeiraMar/ Praia de Iracema / Meireles/ Aldeota/ Varjota)
ADDRESS: LAGO JACAREY (this will pop up as your address in the Uber app)