WHERE: Quixada, Ceara Brazil
PROXIMITY TO FORTALEZA: 2.5 – 3 hourse south of Fortaleza, via BR 116 // approximately 180 km south of Fortaleza, via BR 116
- DRIVE (MOVIDA CAR RENTAL AGENCY : *info as of January 2019)
Avenida Monsenhor Tabosa – 1160 –Meireles – FORTALEZA – CearáCEP: 60165068
tel: 0800 6068686
**APP Available – download Movida APP on Google play
- BUS : Rodoviária ( Bus Station) de Fortaleza – João Thomé
- Address 762 telefone, Av. Borges de Melo, 1630 – Fatima, Fortaleza – CE, 60415-510
GETTING AROUND IN QUIXADA’ :
- TAXI OR UBER (Just say “CEDRO VELHO – sedro velyo” and they will know where to go! Have dinner at Pe de Serra Restaurant afterwards!
HOTELS AND POUSADAS:
*POINTS OF INTEREST:
- CEDRO VELHO: Great way to spend the day checking out the old sugar cane factory and walking up the path to enjoy the view, swim in the lake, and have a beer and lunch at the restaurants there, and take a stroll around the magnificent dam.
- RESTAURANT: Restaurante Pé de Serra, Quixada – Excellent regional food, gift shop, great view of the rocks and nature while you eat!
SPECIAL FEATURES OF QUIXADA’:
- CEDRO DAM and GALINHA CHOCA (Chicken Rock)
- Natural Monoliths – The huge stones are gorgeous!
- The place is said to be the home of alien landings and abductions! They even made a movie about it:
- Great chance to visit a small town and experience the countryside
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? Not typically. Keep that translator handy!
WHAT I THINK: Quixada, Ceara Brazil is about 180 km (2.5-3 hours) south of Fortaleza. It is easy to access by bus, car or taxi, and taxis are available once you arrive there. It has a population of about 80,000+ and the city is in the middle of some breathtaking natural stone monoliths. I REALLY enjoyed my time visiting the old sugar cane factory, and Cedro Dam. They have a cute little restaurant just as you are approaching the dam, and there’s even a place to go for a dip in the lake if you’d like! I’d reccommend eating at the Pe de Serra Restaurant (rather than the one at Cedro Dam), as it will give you a chance to see another area. I think this is an excellent place to go for 1-2 days, just to get a taste of life in the countryside and experience a change of scenery in an area that is truy breathtaking! I REALLY enjoyed my time exploring this place for a couple of days and hanging out a bit with the locals! I will definitely visit again from time to time.
IS IT WORTH IT? YES! YES! AND YES!