PLACE: CENTRO DAS TAPIOQUEIRAS / TAPIOCA CENTER
NEIGHBORHOOD (BAIRRO): MESSEJANA
HOURS (as of September 2018):
PRICE: **Prices vary, R$ 5,00 – R$ 15,00 will get your foot in the door!
- It’s a bit off the beaten path, so you’ll get a chance to see different parts of the city
- Gives you a nice taste of how the locals vibe
- Great opportunity to try traditional regional dishes
- Kid friendly
- Very laid back and a great place to chill for a while
- Great place to eat if you are a “low carb” type of person, as tapioca is apparently low in carbs
- It’s great food at an excellent price
- They accept credit and debit cards
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? No. Be sure to have your translator app on hand!
WHAT I THINK: This is definitely a great choice for anyone who wants to safely experience something other than the “tourist” scene in Fortaleza and to expand your taste palate. The regional dishes are excellent, so be adventurous!
IS IT WORTH IT? YES!
HOW TO GET THERE: Taxi or Uber. Taxis tend to be available in the area, but download the SINDITAXI PASSAGEIROS APP (google play), just in case you don’t see any on the streets.
ADDRESS: Av. Washington Soares, 10125 – Edson Queiroz, Fortaleza – CE, 60810-350