PLACE: PHOTOGRAPHY MUSEUM / MUSEU DA FOTOGRAFIA FORTALEZA
NEIGHBORHOOD (BAIRRO): VARJOTA (Close to Beira Mar beach)
HOURS: TUESDAY- SUNDAY 12PM-5PM
PRICE: FREE ENTRY
DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH? : No. Have your Google Translate at the ready!
- The first 2 floors feature permanent exhibitions and the third floor features temporary exhibitions.
- Cool library / bookstore and souvenir shop on the ground floor.
- Fascinating insight into Brazilian photography and society.
- New material every 2 – 3 months makes this a great place for repeated visits.
- Great location near several coffee shops and restaurants that you can walk to.
- Exhibitions often serve as art and subtle cultural and history lessons.
WHAT I THINK: I enjoyed my trip to this museum (which is more of an art gallery than a museum)! It is situated in Varjota, a cute, bohemian area with a smattering of coffee houses and restaurants, as well as some old houses in the midst of lots of highrise apartments. This is definitely a worthwhile place to visit and you can make your way to one of the area coffee shops or restaurants after your visit!
IS IT WORTH IT? YES!
ADDRESS: R. Frederico Borges, 545 – Varjota, Fortaleza – CE, 60175-040